Wednesday, May 16, 2018

And the story continues

I have received a lot of feedback from many parents that either go to school at J Frank Hillyard and can relate to this, or has seen it, or parents from other schools that their children have too went through horrible bullying situations. Either way this issue is so far out of hand.
Today Cole came home and just said he can't take school anymore. The crap continues. And it's not always the same kid. Mr. Dylan in 6th grade has put his hands on my son more then once, and today Cole was told not to take it anymore. So we'll see what happens there. I would rather it not go to that, but we can't handle this everyday.
Then there's the girls....what does he do. There's a girl in 6th grade who blocks his locker, calls him weird, and tells him he's scared, you'll get yours too, (took her name off bc of confusion with another young lady). And I don't want this to get physical in any way. I want these kids to feel bad for what they do. I want them to empathize with my son, and others who may not fit in or have many friends. I want their parents to see this and wonder....hmm is that my Dylan, or Olivia, and have a talk with them. Or maybe your child is their friend, and you can talk to them.
I have reached out to administrators and staff about how serious this problem is. I don't just mean for my son. I mean for our school, and all our children. I am taking this to the next level, and I will make sure that moves are made and kids are changed.
I want to see kids full of kindness. Full of love. I want to see other kids filled with happiness. And they will not do it, if we don't help. So please continue to read my blogs so I can keep the story alive. If it can stay alive it will not go silent. This is a big deal. I am looking into successful prevention programs that other schools use and I want to make sure that in Broadway Virginia we are doing all we can to make sure our kids are successful. And I am not sure how all other parents feel, but SOL tests do not define the success of my child. I want my child to be strong for themselves and others. I want them to stand up to bullies. There are adult bullies too. I want my children, and yours to be able to stand in front of God one day and be able to say that they were good to others. Being a caring, kind person is more successful than memorizing the correct facts for a test.


No comments: